Weekends never get old. This past weekend was not only needed but also varied and full of fun events that really helped us re-right ourselves after last week.
- Novelty Hill wine party with the Dodds to loosen up over wine tastings and a wonderfully fall food buffet
- Bryan had a Saturday morning men’s life group at church, his second one
- Saturday afternoon run around Seward Park in the blusteryness of Seattle
- Horrible college football Saturday losses that got me quite vocal and anxious to the TV
- Bryan and my first gig as volunteer ushers (can you say hella easy?) at the Seattle Rep for the somber but well done play of Roz & Ray about hemophilia patients in the 1980s.
- Homemade chicken enchiladas for dinner
- An excellent church service that made me again emotional and left us both feeling like weights had been lifted off of our shoulders. You can listen to it here: Sunday’s Sermon.
- Finally getting some items in our house organized so that I might soon think about actually inviting people over to the house. Feel much better about that success.
- Packed up items for Goodwill
- Went over to the Dodds early before the Seahawks game to help them prep for their Thanksgiving Cocktail Party.
- Was able to watch an excellent Seahawks vs. Patriots game and Seahawks win with many of my friends while also indulging in fun and creative Thanksgiving-styled bites and smoked turkey legs.
Back to work for only 7 more days before we fly south for the holiday. I can make it through!