Has it really only been just under a week since this happened?
It seems like it has been a year. And I am having post-race blues. But I’m also more sore than I have been since the beginning of training three months ago. Crazy sore. I’ve been getting a fair amount of both luxurious treatments and pain-causing workouts in this week. I’m very balanced.
- Monday bike ride to and from work followed by Chef Bryan’s ribeye steak and the last week of dance class. We sweated up a storm in class thanks to the hot room and the quick speed of class.
- Tuesday SEAW end of year social dinner, treating me to a buffet of foods, lots of sweets and a sweet presentation on Seattle’s interesting history around it’s topography. I now want to read the presenter’s book Too High and Too Steep.
- Wednesday morning Fitnessblender arm workout. Yeah, these arms haven’t done diddily in the past 90 days. After work I got a great haircut at Gene Jaurez for a grand total of $5. Dinner came a la a Yelp Elite event on the Eastside. Actually in Redmond, WA where I have never stepped foot before. We tried a few cocktails, appetizers, entrees, and a dessert at the Indo-Chinese restaurant called Inchin Bamboo. The jalapeno cocktail was my favorite thing of the night…followed by the spicy shrimp.
- Thursday morning Fitnessblender leg workout = four types of weighted lunges, squats, deadlifts, and other horrible things that have led me to not being able to walk normally. But to reward myself I got a facial with my first ever microdermabrasion and brow wax, for the grand total price of $10!!
- No Thursday FareStart 😦 because we had taken our name off in anticipation of Nisa visiting. We missed out on the James Beard winner Renee Erikson and instead dined the two of us at Vios Cafe in Capitol Hill. The Greek dinner was delicious and fresh with a tasty beet salad with skordalia, a Greek salad with a block of feta, grilled octopus on a Greek bread salad and a lamb gyro plate with Greek fries. Lots of food!
I am now preparing myself for my Bachelorette Party. I have been mentally preparing myself all day, for my first ever Bachelorette Party, ironically being my own. And I will be physically preparing myself tonight with a FareStart friend’s cocktail party at the Dodd’s. Having not been drinking much but wine the past three months during training I’m a little bit scurred for tomorrow night’s festivities!! But it will be a blast I’m sure.