Three’s Company secretly used to be my favorite show on Nick at Nite as a kid and now we are living the dream!!! We’ve had a really good first week with Marsya despite the dreary Seattle fall weather and business all around. There’s really been very little change in Bryan and my household schedules or habits; we still wake up and get out of the house in a rush, still change into pjs whenever the need arises (as soon as possible) and still share a bowl of ice cream before going to bed. It’s nice to be so comfortable with our house guest and I think (hopefully) she feels the same way as us.
But this past week wasn’t all about pjs and ice cream…
- Bryan and I cooked two of our Blue Apron dinners. We didn’t manage to get photos of them as I had planned to show up Mom and Dad in the cooking of their identical meals but I can vouch for their deliciousness.
- We both had to bring our computer home a few days this week to catch up on work.
- I nearly pin-pricked the heck out of my thumb trying to put together our homemade Halloween costumes.
- We FINALLY got our Save the Date cards in the mail (after I stopped at five different stores on my way home from work to get stamps…declining every star spangled banner stamp they offered me) AND finished the wedding website.
- We also narrowed down our two registries to Crate and Barrel and Amazon.
- I got my hair cut and highlighted.
- We watched the GOP debate.
- I had my monthly SEAW meeting on an interesting topic about designing to that legendary New Yorker article’s magnitude 9 earthquake that the Cascadia region is expecting in the next half century while Bryan spent the same night mentoring college students at SPU interested in engineering.
- Bryan and I volunteered a sold out night at FareStart, featuring Restaurant Marche from Bainbridge Island, for a French fall dinner.
- My work had a company Halloween lunch potluck on Friday and all the women in the office secretly conspired to dress up as Rosie the Riveter together. Really great times!
- Bryan and I finished our costumes while watching our two college teams play at the same time; one game not so good and one game almost not so good.
- We finished up the costumes just in time to head over to Sara’s birthday/Halloween party on Saturday night. The costumes at the party were all really pretty amazing and Bryan and I were the last to leave…via Car2Go nonetheless.
- Sunday morning church topic on relations with neighbors and Bryan and I finally have an idea on how we can possibly get more involved with our church. Tried Bounty Kitchen, in Upper Queen Anne, for the first time with to-go orders for us and Marsya, taking a whopping 40 minutes to get our food!!
- We took Marsya with us to Billy and Valerie’s symphony concert on Sunday at the Seattle Town Hall featuring Brahms and Shostakovich. We really enjoyed although we were keeping a close on the Seahawks score the whole time.
- Sealed the deal with the Seahawks over the Cowboys, just barely.
- Enjoyed a lazy rainy Sunday night in with Billy and Valerie who need to live a whole lot closer than 20 minutes away!