First week back in Seattle is over and out. It wasn’t the easiest week for either of us. Work has been crazy busy and Bryan has experienced some post-Mediterranean after effects from food most likely, and we both were pretty jet lagged the entire week. But we’ve made it and it will only get easier from here on out.
Some features of the week:
- Got to open all of the packages that were delivered while we were away. Not sure how long it will take us to get them stored to where they belong but I have had fun using quite a few of the new things this week.
- I made three dinners at home in a row! I can’t tell you the last time that happened and the last time I was able to even do that. Bryan helped me with steaks on Monday, I made a green chile pork stew with cornbread on Tuesday, and spaghetti with my version of bolgnese on Wednesday.
- I road my bike to work on Tuesday and went on a 15 mile ride after work that actually felt great.
- Bryan and I ran a 4 mile Wednesday morning that did not feel good in the least. Quite miserable actually.
- We were both back foodrunning at FareStart on Thursday, although Abby is no longer there 😦 Oddfellows was the guest chef and it was a good meal of chilled corn soup with crab, pork loin with roasted fingerlings and pea vines and roasted peach sauce and a strawberry shortcake. It was great to be back doing the usual thing.
- I finished two of the infinity items in changing my name; applied for my new social security card and sent in for my new passport.
- We started watching the Netflix show Stranger Things which is absolutely phenomenal but also something that could give me nightmares.
- We had dinner with Polly and Ryuhei at Tutta Bella for the annual fig and goat cheese pizza on Friday night. It was great to hang with those two, the pizza was delish, and we finally got to see Polly’s new place.
- I wasn’t able to sleep in after 6 am and we were both passed out on the couch way before 10 pm.
We had a great weekend that I will recount on later.