Oh this week has been a bit different than the past several weeks…one that is a little slower, which is good with me. We actually had two nights in a row at home which is unheard of. I got a little pampering, we took the week off at FareStart to attend a catered dinner as guests and we celebrated a friend’s birthday. All in all very good. Take a look:
- I rode my bike 3/5 days this week. My roundtrip ride is only 7 miles but I did a little extra on Wednesday to bring my weekly total to 30 miles.
- I made two meals at home this week; the first using the spinach lemon and herb pasta Chad got us (have loved this pasta!) to make a white wine lemon butter sauce with spinach and grilled chicken and the second was acrockpot porkcarnitas tacos
- I won $25 to Mary Kay cosmetics as well as a free makeover and facial on Wednesday night. Polly was also going to get to go but had to cancel last minute so it was a self-retreat that I needed. I ended up getting the foundation primer and the finishing translucent powder to keep.
- It was my 3rd year in a row at the Construction For Change fundraiser gala. Bryan and I got dressed up and shared a table with Marika and Randy and six others and were wined and dined to a menu influenced by Africa: delicious savory beef stew, a couscous and vegetabletagine, saffron rice and perfectly roasted carrots and then a dessert platter assortment. I had my fair share of some delicious Cabernet and then our table bought in on the $50 bottle of champagne.
- I tried this super healthful salad fromHealeo on Tuesday for lunch and also got a lemon ginger zinger tea (also with honey and cayenne) that warmed me up on the one cool day this week and that was so interesting and delightful.
- We headed over to Mark and Jeff’s place on Friday to celebrate Jeff’s birthday. Beer, pizza, brownie sundaes, charades and getting to meet some of Jeff’s friends (and his girl) we’ve never met before but enjoyed.
- Watched my old favorite James Bond, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service on Tuesday night.
- Shopping on Saturday for spring work clothes of sorts. Got a great slew of goodies from H&M and walked home with my purchases in 78 degree heat!
- Homemadechilaquiles with pork Saturday brunch and grilled T-bones Saturday dinner both eaten on the deck.
- Church Sunday morning was the best service that we have had
- Mother’s Day brunch at Harvest Vine in honor of our mothers! Delicious as always! Twohuevos a laflamenca, onegazpacho, onetostada con tomato withserrano, twocaffe vita coffees and one shared vanilla cinnamon bun.
- 6 mile run together along Lake Washington Sunday afternoon in perfect running weather
- Reading on the back deck in our lounge chairs in the sunshine!
- Getting a new Thai delivery to be lazy on the couch to end the weekend.