With 2020 coming to a close (applause) I’m looking at the new year with hope of fresh beginnings and new experiences. 2020 wasn’t all bad; we’ve learned a lot about ourselves and have brought clarity on our perspectives on life in many ways and will help shape us in the year(s) ahead. But 2020 was no walk in the park, no barrel of laughs, no travels to new and fascinating places. It was a year to teach us something and make us appreciate what we have, which was maybe needed, but I’m now ready to carry those lessons with us into new chapters and new stories that are made special with friends, family, travel, and adventure.
As with any new year I’m looking at what I want out of my year. How to make a better me, a better mom, a better wife, a better friend…and I have a few things that I want to try to do in this year ahead.
- Continue reading: aim for one book a month
- Read one affirmation a day
- Begin a five-year journal; I got a very pretty one off of Buy Nothing and plan to begin on January 1st. I found some question prompts for each day but I really just want to have something that myself or Reese could look back on one day
- Start the day with one full 8 oz glass of water
- End the day with one full 8 oz glass of water
- Call or write a friend or family member (not on my normal speed dial) once a month
- Get Reese to brush her teeth at least once a day
- Walk a minimum of 5,000 steps a day
- Be in bed by 10 pm
Some of these will be easier than others but its funny how they are never the ones I would have expected. I think good things are coming in 2021 and I’m going to do my best to be ready for them, to appreciate them, and to enjoy them.