The Waiting Game

Well, anyone who was listening to me should have known that there was no way I was coming before my due date.  I knew it in my head but the due date has come and passed and now we are moving right into our 42nd (and last) week.  I’m not the least bit uncomfortable but I just feel at this point I have literally run out of things to do.  I have a very small amount of work items to finish as people stopped giving me items after last week.  The house was cleaned for me last week and I have just been trying to keep it clean since.  Nursery is done, workout room is done for the time being, laundry is done, meal prep is done.  I’m done.

It also doesn’t help that this week we have had horrible air quality in Seattle, preventing me from getting out for my once-a-day walk.  Instead, I am more or less confined to the house and have tried doing laps in the house listening to podcasts or walking up and down the stairs several times in a row.  Nothing has worked so far.  Last weekend was a relaxing weekend spent just the two of us because we haven’t been keen on making big plans since the due date.  We had a nice date night out via mystery shopping dinner at PF Changs on Friday night to end the week.  Saturday we went for a long walk to Capitol Hill, picked up Chipotle’s (they were having a BOGO) and enjoyed that at a park (air quality was better on Saturday) and then picked up ice cream at the Central District Ice Cream Shop on our way home.  Sunday we went to church and that was pretty much it.  We washed the car and it looks brand new again.  We made a good dinner and watched Dirty Dancing, which almost sent me into labor.  I was having very regular Braxton Hicks contractions for several hours so Bryan actually called the midwives number to see if we should go in but we were advised to stay home.  So Bryan prepped chocolate chip cookie dough to make for the nurses and we taste tested a batch before concluding the weekend.

PF Changs dinner date

We had our 41 week visit at the doctor’s office which ran longer than the others as they performed some tests to check on how things were progressing.  The outcome is things still look good so we have selected to continue to wait for one more week.  They did a fetal non-stress test to check baby’s heartbeat.  They used the ultrasound to check my placenta and amniotic fluids.  They did a cervical exam to check on progress.  All three tests still say all things are a go for now but we did have to sign paperwork for our induction if we still haven’t had the little one come out yet.

And in other exciting news, my favorite pizza is back at Tutta Bella for a limited time; the Calabrese, with figs, goat cheese, balsamic glaze and pancetta.  Bryan picked one up for us one night this week.

This pizza…swoon.

This waiting game also did allow me to attend Marika’s bridal/bachelorette dinner this week.  We enjoyed some games, gifts and great food at Via Tribunali in Georgetown.  I was really happy that I was able to be there to celebrate my longest standing girlfriend in Seattle who weds next month in Italy.

Will we have another weekend or won’t we?…


One thought on “The Waiting Game

  1. Chelsea, thanks for the updates. Love reading your blogs. Anxious to read your first update after baby Miller finally decides to join your family on this side. Prayers continue for the 3 of you. Trish

    Sent from my iPad


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s