After getting through last week, the last week spent at work and with things on the calendar, I was more or less ready to go at any time. But this week has offered me another week to be able to work from home while simultaneously continuing to check off my to-do list before baby’s arrival. Bryan has also been making a lot of headway and preparations at work for his time away and for big projects in the future. I am honestly more than okay getting one more week under our belt before we meet baby. I don’t think it will be until the end of next week that I start to get anxious for the day to come. For now, I am still content…albeit more uncomfortable.
So what are some of the things that preoccupied our time this week aside form work:
- I picked up a shelving unit to organize more of our equipment in the workout room. For $20, I was able to get a very solid and already assembled unit and started organizing said equipment.
- I prepped a few more freezer meals while doing double duty for dinners this week; chicken enchiladas, callilloo soup and pulled pork sandwiches, all of which were made in the crockpot so as not to heat up the house too much.
- I caught up with Polly over the enchiladas on Monday night. She came over for a visit and we caught up each other; me on the last month of pregnancy and her on her trip to the East Coast and her and Ryuhei buying a house in which they are moving into THIS weekend!
- I started working on my baby book with the details that I can fill out so far.
- I was able to get rid of a few things taking of space in the backyard, that we no longer need, on the Facebook Buy Nothing Group.
- I had a person come clean our house on Thursday and have them scheduled to come back every few weeks for the unforeseeable future so that it is one less thing that I have to worry about. She did a fantastic job!
- I continued to work on the second of the three cross stitch projects and am halfway finished with this one (I’d be done but I need to buy more string). This one was way more simple than the first…but the last is just as hard as the first.
- I spectated the outdoor house painting project that our landlord scheduled for Monday and Tuesday. It didn’t make for the most serene work environment but they seemed to be nice enough guys too.
- We took Mark and Kati with us to FareStart on Thursday night to dine in for once. It was a great menu from a new local chef who owns an Indian food truck and recently was on TLC’s Chopped show and won (I watched the show the night before dinner and got pretty psyched for the meal)! I was hoping that the spicy food would get things going like I’ve heard rumors of it doing but no such luck.
- This past weekend Bryan and I enjoyed what could be our last church service and brunch just the two of us. There was a guest speaker who we like for the service and then we went to the Carlile Room for brunch where I had the avocado toast and Bryan had the burger.
- We had two more movie nights outside at our house. We watched two European classics; first Trainspotting and second Waking Ned Devine.
- And we had another doctor’s appointment that was scheduled the morning of my due date. Again, everything is normal and progressing. Blood pressure still low but higher than it has been. Total weight gain to date is 24 lbs and baby was measuring 38 cm with a steady 120s heartbeat. Was still told that baby is on the smaller side; she guessed between 6.5 and 7 lbs.
We will just have to see how much longer this waiting game continues for.