We were home for a full four nights before we had the opportunity to have a last minute hotel shop (aka staycation) at the boutique Hotel Vintage in Seattle for Thursday and Friday nights.  Our time at home was not without some fun; I got a mani-pedi before Bryan and I attended Polly’s birthday dinner at Rhein Haus in Capitol Hill.  It was the first time seeing a few of our friends in a while and we enjoyed some German sausages, beer and a birthday cake to celebrate Polly.  Tuesday was officially my first day of half marathon training.  So far I’ve felt less than a stellar runner.  It’s surprising to me that I’ve been able to run 6-8.5 miles each weekend but asking my body to do 3 miles several days of week just makes me slow and out of shape.  Regardless I had quite a few 3 mile runs this week to try to amp up for this training.

So then Thursday came and like usual we volunteered at FareStart.  But not like usual, I checked us into the hotel before arriving at FareStart at 5 pm.  When I was told over the phone that we had been triple-upgraded, they were not kidding.  We got a top floor, corner room with a king-size bed and spacious living room.  Robes, mini bar, nice TV, yoga mat and all provided.  It was fun coming back to this room just down the street from FareStart.  I essentially worked from the hotel on Friday, in between hair and eyelash appointments.  I had a great breakfast in the attached Tulio restaurant thanks to the mystery shopping assignment to fuel my day and we ordered room service before Bryan’s run to fuel him up.  Friday night we went over to the Dodd’s house for a VERY low key dinner before heading back to the hotel.  We had an interesting walk around town in search of a snack before getting another good sleep.

A great breakfast at my leisure.
Our suite for a few nights.

Saturday morning was a leisure morning for us; waking up in the hotel, getting some coffee from the lobby before finally getting brunch at Tulio’s shortly before 10 am.  After brunch we checked out and drove…back home.  At least a few hours were spent at home before heading back to Pioneer Square for a lesson on massage.  It was an intro class for couples and we were provided massage beds and plenty of instruction.  I felt like I learned quite a bit of valuable knowledge.

Sunday morning we went to church, headed home for lunch, Bryan went for a long run, I did some gardening in the sunshine, and then we both got dolled up to head to Shareen’s wedding at the FareStart Pacific Tower.  The ceremony was super short but sweet, good wine, good friends, real good food, good cake and about two songs we actually danced to before leaving at 9:30 pm.  It’s hard to motivate yourself for a night out on a Sunday night.

This week Bryan is working his butt off and my work just persists.  I finally feel like spring is in the air though with the birds chirping and all of the trees blooming.  Finally!

Crazy beautiful sky while I was waiting for the bus this morning.
My walk from the bus past Microsoft’s cherry blossom filled parking lot.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s