Its been a beautiful day in the neighborhood…well more.for a little over a week now. Well, it really has been nice since the parents were here. All is good! And all is busy! Since the parents visit:
- Wednesday night FareStart Pacific Tower open house. Fantastic to wine and dine with our friends Andrew, Angela, Shareen, and Ryan. Delicious appetizers that filled me, cake tastings, wine, photo booth pictures, and beautiful vistas at sunset!
- Thursday night at FareStart featured one of my favorite people; Bob Prince from Caffe Vita, someone who has been a Guest Chef for 20 years! Delicious meal with a nearly sold out crowd.
- Friday night featuring $1.20 fried clams from Ivar’s (for Blue Pride Fridays) and a show featuring Ramblin’ Jack Elliott at the Ballard Homestead.
- Saturday morning of a butternut squash and bacon homemade hash while watching one good and one bad football game. We then had a great bike ride along the Burke Gilman and Lake Union to our Saturday matinee of A View from the Bridge at the Seattle Repertory Theatre. We were front row and a guy in the play literally died 5′ in front of us. We walked around downtown before showing tom kha soup, pork and shrimp springrolls, and pad kee mao at our favorite Ti-22 before biking back home.
- Sunday morning of Bryan’s banana pancakes before heading to church. We decided to walk our normal running route along Lake Washington and Seward Park, finding a new trail for us in Seward Park, working up a sweat in the heat and sun, and finishing up in 6 miles. Sunday night we helped FareStart earn $1.1 million at their Gala and had a good time doing it.
- Monday night football against my home team, the Detroit Lions. Ended in victory for the Seahawks, but just barely.
- Tuesday after work 10-mile bike ride home (the long way home). I ended up biking four out of five days last week (Obama’s visit and Monday Night Football will do that to when you consider the mess of traffic).
- Wednesday chef’s assistant at Hipcooks for the Parisian class. I got to learn to make coq au vin, steamed mussels in wine and parsley, a green bean, white bean and tomato salad, and a rich chocolate pots de creme!!
- Thursday FareStart featuring Skycity at the Needle, short ribs, corn soup with crab and chanterelles, and huckleberry white chocolate bread pudding…what’s not to like with that line-up? (other than Bryan not being there).
- Friday not much other than monthly staff meeting at work, cloudy bike ride, grocery shopping and watching movies at home by myself in front of the fire
- Saturday watched a ton of GREAT football and then was treated to dinner at Polly’s before we went out for a (distant) friend’s 30th birthday in Ballard and then I spent the night. Polly and I had a good time hanging out and catching up.
- Sunday went to church on my own before heading to Duke’s Chowder house to watch the 2nd half of the Seahawks and get a free fish and chips meal for my birthday
- Monday and Tuesday are going to be more or less the same…bike to and from work, probably dinner at home, Monday night football, and I am getting my fingernails painted before my birthday and before Bryan gets home!!!