We have had AMAZING weather since for the past week and a half. Nothing like good weather to keep me in a good mood. And nothing like good weather to keep me active. This week:
- Had Jeff over for grilled flat iron and chimichurri to pick out his open mic night playlist
- Yelp Elite event at Capitol Cider in Capitol Hill to taste several delicious gluten-free menu items (seared scallop on carrot puree, gem lettuce salad, beet and tomatocaprese, pork belly and asparagus skewers,housemade chicken sausage andkraut, roasted nuts and mixed olives) plus I tried two flights of their cider; the International and Local flights were both delicious, I especially liked one heavy on the ginger root.
- Planted my basil that I grew from seed at the office
- Cleaned up the backyard and worked hard on the inside!
- Tried the new barre instructor and hated it
- Biked to work two days this week
- Bought a volleyball/badminton net for summertime
- Booked our Dominican housing and shuttle transport
- Booked our wedding venue, coordinator, and caterer
- Made Bryan and I moussaka with a cucumber tomato salad
- Volunteered at FareStart with the Seattle Yacht Club for some halibut, fois gras, and chocolate mousse with chocolate cake and strawberries
- Spent Friday night at the Jamaican Me Crazy cooking class atHipcooks with Bryan learning to make a coconut pork and crab stew, black beans, shrimp, papaya and mango salad, wet-jerkmarinaded fish,flambeed bananas with rum raisin ice cream while drinking really delicious rum drinks
- Had our monthly staff meeting on Friday
- Watched Unbroken on Red Box while we ate our Thai take out.
- Had our friends over for a brisket and smoked chicken feast! 20lbs of brisket and 2lbs of chicken and my corn saute, cornbread and a mango and greens salad.
- Watched our friend Jeff finely give his try at an open mic night at Conor Byrnes!