We have been anxiously awaiting our venue searching trip in Michigan this Memorial Day weekend but until that time Bryan and I had a mixed bag of things going on to keep us busy:
- Took a float test in a City Park pool with Bryan for his rowing class (fully clothed in the water)
- Picked up Ezell’s fried chicken and rolls for dinner afterwards…forgot the Faygo
- Had Polly over for a much needed friend dinner (tried my hand again at the paprikash and spaetzle = delish)
- Had our last play for the season at Seattle Rep; OutsideMullinger. Phenomenal Irish romantic comedy followed by Yeti yogurt while walking in the rain!
- Had a happy hour dinner with Bryan before the play at the Ethan StowellBelltown restaurantTavolata for some super delicious and inexpensive $8 bowls ofhousemade pasta and garlicrapini! I can’t wait to go back already for happy hour!!
- Took another break fromFareStart while Bryan made dinner for Billy, Valerie, Jeff and myself of a new to us recipe for chicken mole with lime cilantro rice. Bryan tried this recipe from Blue Apron and it was relatively simple and super delicious: https://www.blueapron.com/recipes/chicken-mole-with-green-rice
- Took a work break Friday afternoon to go toFrolik’s rooftop patio for a Yelp Play Hookey event; drinks, food, shuffleboard, music, henna tattoos,photobooths, etc. with Ms. Pollyanna
- Biked to work three days this week and last, including Friday 5/15 for Bike to Work Day. Helped our company host a bike station with donuts, coffee and swag.
- Found out I have a couple cavities at the dentist 😦
- Had a double header Game of Thrones watching night at Luis and Carina’s NEW TOWNHOUSE that they bought in Ballard. Brought over champagne for them and a cauliflower and quinoa tahini salad for everyone else.
- Tuesday night we had our annual FareStart Guest Chef Night volunteer meeting. Along with talking about roles, likes, dislikes, complaints we shared laughs, wine and small plates in the ol’ FareStart dining room.
- I sampled lunch atFrolik Wednesday with their radish salad and crab cakes
- FareStart night featured aThai restaurant with four courses: crispy rice salad,khaosoi noodles in curry broth, fried fish in curry sauce, and a black rice pudding for dessert.
- Lots of laundry and packing.
- Converted leftover chicken mole into chicken mole enchiladas for dinner
- Planted some tomato starters that already have red ripe tomatoes on them!
- Heading to Michigan tonight!!!