For three weeks I was more a less the definition of a low-maintenance girl. I showered when I could, I put deoderant on and brushed my teeth daily, and I slept in a tent or a different bed every night. I went for two weeks without conditioning my hair (which I will never do again), my forehead and nose peeled twice from sunburn, and my skin was so dry that I could put on six coats of lotion without noticing a difference. I bit off my nail polish to remove it and I very seldom put on makeup or washed my face. I used a good old-school toothbrush even.
Back in Seattle I am starting to wonder if I am high maintenance. I have never thought myself as so. However, since being back from vacation I have:
- Got a mani/pedi
- Went back to touch up my mani nail polish
- Got my eyebrows waxed
- Had my hair cut and highlighted
- Have ordered NEW Sonicare electric toothbrushes (ours didn’t like the electricity conversion overseas)
- Curl or straighten my hair many days
- Lotion up after showering most times
- Have put on makeup all but one day
- Definitely use a hefty amount of conditioner
Hmmmm…am I a girly girl?