Essentially the month of December is just a hustle and bustle of activity that every year seems to vanish in a blink of an eye. I remember last December having our weekends booked solid with seasonal events and this year is starting off no different. This weekend was a continuous stream of fun and friends and was quite enjoyable.
- FareStart with Sky City at the Needle cooking up a great winter dinner that sent me home in high heaven swimming in short ribs and silky smooth potato puree.
- Monthly staff meeting at the office with a rambunctious staff
- Met Bryan in Columbia City at the Rainier Valley Cultural Center to catch our friend, Ed’s jazz concert. He was SUPERB.
- Picked up a late dinner at Annapurna to take home and eat.
- Ugly Sweater 5k Run atMarymoor Park in Redmond with the girls. Polly, Carina, Tina,Mirela,Mirzeta and I signed up for the race that began at 11am but we left Seattle at 9:30 to get there in time. We had an entire hour to kill in the cooler temps. Finally the race got under way as I could barely feel my toes. My goal was to average 9 minute miles in this race and I did just that! I came in at a surprising 26:26, my personal best!
- Post run of unlimited hot cocoa and a Sam Adams Winter lager. Plus we all received knitted hats.
- Saturday night dinner and drinks at Sara’s house (and Philipp’s) for Philipp’s 29th birthday. They made Philipp’s awesome German pork roast, Schweinebraten, spaetzle and bigos stew. It was delicious! There was plenty of wine and beer to drink and we bought Philipp a pasta maker like ours for a gift, as we taught them how two weeks ago.
- Woke up late but it was sunny so I went for a run, my body was stiff from the day before though so it was a very slow run.
- Made a hatch chile and chorizo breakfast bake to eat during the Seahawks game. Every game now matters and the Seahawks pulled off an impressive victory against the talented Eagles. I’m feeling good about winning the rest of our schedule.
- We both spent 1.5 hours cleaning; Bryan finally tackled the garage and it looks great while I went through the items we need to take to Goodwill, continued looking for my passport and laundry.
- Went to Best Buy to look at cameras then headed to Din Tai Fung since we were in the area and the SNF game was a close 13-14.
- Seated ourselves instantly at the bar in front of huge screens, ordered pork buns, shrimp and porkshumai, spicy pork and vegetablewontons, and garlicsauteed string beans. Everything was delicious!
- Stopped for The Neighbors on Redbox and Yeti yogurt before heading home to conclude the weekend.