Not that this last week has been better than when we are spending time with parents, quite the contrary, that it is just different. And between the time of Bryan’s parents departure and our arrival in NYC with my parents was just about one week. So in that week we…
- Found a new running route that is nearly 6 miles but awesome and you get to run on docks and run around the Arboretum
- Ran this route 2 times in 2 days
- Dined at Capital Grille with a friend for a weekday lunch
- Played Ms. Pac Man on my way home from work, several times, its dangerous that I have a machine on my way home from work
- Had our second potluck at work, this month’s theme was summer BBQ and the spread was again huge, this time we had a grill, and I made my midwest specialty 7 Layer Salad
- Got back toFareStart for dinner made by the Hunt Club, really great dinner with my friends, including my friend Abby who is finally back in Seattle.
- On Friday I had a night out with the girls to do a fitness class that was a lot of fun!
- Saturday Bryan had to work so Polly and I met up to float on our tubes at Greenlake.
- Sunday we slept in!!!!!! Then Bryan ran a 1/2 marathon by himself.
- During the afternoon we met up with the FareStart crew to celebrate two birthdays while we had food and drink in Madrona Park along with a slip and slide that was homemade, croquet, corn how, a water balloon fight, and birthday cakes!
- Monday night we had our first dinner party. We had Ed (he lives a few blocks away) over for grilled flank steak withchimichurri, prosciutto wrapped asparagus, sautéed Mexican corn and a roasted beet and fresh from the garden tomato salad. It was very nice to have someone over for dinner and to see our house.
- Tuesday we went to Eastlake Bar and Grill for patio dining on such a gorgeous late summer night. I got actually remarkable Hefewezien batter fish and sweet potato chips. We headed toMenchies before heading back to the new hood.
- Wednesday we embarked on our journey to NYC and the US Open!