Just biding my time until……MY BIRTHDAY!!! A quick look at what I did to survive this week of anticipation:
- Toured folks from Kansas City around the Viaduct site. Realized it actually is a pretty amazing site, so huge, and I am lucky to get to go out there. Duh!
- Had a great Thai dinner with Bryan at our favorite Thai restaurant; Fish Cake Factory.
- Started the award-winning Game Of Thrones thanks to the Seattle Public Library.
- Hosted October’s SEAW happy hour at the Yard House. Had well over 15 in attendance and two committee chair members. Lots of good food, drink and conversation.
- Attended a free advanced movie screening of Captain Phillips with Bryan. Enjoyed the intense movie.
- Got a shwarama pita when I tried out a new place; Pita Express. Pretty good and fast and Subway-like.
- Went on a nice fall run after work with pit stops at the Farmers Market for samples of ice cream (mix of healthy and not) and to purchase some goods (corn and zucchini)
- Made a restaurant-inspired dinner for friends Billy and Valerie on Friday night (pan seared black cod with a zucchini, corn and tomato hash on top of a wasabi avocado puree). It was delicious and I really enjoyed this couple’s company.
- Went on a walk to get Menchies with Billy and Valerie and they had PB cup!!!