This month has been full, FULL, of eating out and cooking for friends. It seems to be pretty nonstop, fun and delicious. Take a look:
- Americana with homegirl Marika…dinner was so indescribably delicious
- Ballard Seafood Fest alder-smoked salmon dinner enjoyed in the sun with Mikayla
- Chinese dinner first in a long time in North Bend, WA on the way to the site (I ordered TWO lunch combos to fill me up and have leftovers to take to site)
- Cutters Crabhouse for happy hour by myself because I felt like it and I wanted to watch the water and sit in the sun on a very sunny and beautiful day in Seattle.
- Another great happy hour with my SEAW group on the Eastside at a good standby, Wild Ginger…and Bryan joined
- Stuffing ourselves to the gills at Brazilian Steakhouse, Grill from Impanema, in Belltown with Bryan on Saturday
- First time trying Maximilien’s Restaurant patio rooftop for happy hour with Bryan on a Friday night
- Serious Pie first (Tom Douglas pizza restaurant) for my SEAW board meeting
- Menchies seriousness with $5 fill up your cups with Bryan on Friday night
Plus my last Mad Men dinner, cocktail style. We had the first event of the Roommate Olympics, cocktail competition, coincide with the last show. Each of the four roommates created their craft cocktail, were set to the kitchen to make a mess, and in the end we had four beautiful and delicious cocktails to sip and our friends to vote on using a numbering system and with each cocktail numbered on the cup (1, 2, 3, 4). Unfortunately I tied for second with Polly and Mikayla won. I made the orange creamsicletini (OJ, whipped cream vodka, more regular vodka for uumph, and cream, garnished with an orange wedge). For food I kept it cocktail style and just had an array of nibblings but did make some fantastic chicken drumsticks with a homemade hot sauce. We also had caprese salad, veggies and french onion dip, nachos with cheddar cheese sauce, popcorn, grilled corn on the cob (made by Mark), stuffed mushrooms (made by Tina), and potsickers. It was a hit and enjoyed by all. Especially the show…such a great episode!!!