- Girls Night Out. Not only did I get to enjoy an awesome and free night out in one of Fremont’s newest restaurants but I got to enjoy it with my girls. So excited to have several girlfriends to do girly things with in the months to come.
- First Oyster. Had my first oysters and loved them. As an undeclared foodie this is milestone. Those huge Pacific NW oysters were so delicious on the grill…just don’t give me a raw one.
- Tom Douglas Salmon Dinner. This year not only did I get to enjoy Tom Douglas’ salmon dinner in the park but I got to volunteer with him, meet him, shake his hand, and then sit and eat with him. The food was perhaps the best meal I’ve had in a while (and that says a lot) and the dude is just so cool. Good cause too!!
- Hot Weather. Seattle got its first 90 degree day of the summer and lingered for a time too. It was hot and delightful and I reveled in it in all my new shorts, skirts, and dresses that I no longer worry about showing off.
- Outdoor Yoga. If I did my lists in matter of importance this would be near the top. I had been in such a slump with yoga lately but this has just kicked that slump in the rump. I’ve attended several outdoor yoga classes in just the past few weeks; each with beautiful weather and each with beautiful surroundings. Yoga is spiritual and serene and nature is just such a better venue for it than even the best studio. I’ve even held my own session outdoors for just me.
- Finishing My T-Shirt Quilt. This was a very big project for me, one that taught me a new skill (sewing machine), cost a wee bit, took a large amount of patience and precision, and one that is now a great keepsake and piece of art. Now I just need a guest bed for it.
- Richland Visit. This was a good little weekend getaway for Bryan and I and I got to visit a friend and the Richland wineries. We ate well, drank well, and visited Rainier National Park.
- Mad Men Lebanese Dinner. I was in my element and would host it again in a heartbeat. Everything came out really well and all of my guests enjoyed it.
- SEAW Social Chair. I have commenced my reign as SEAW Young Members Forum Social Chair for the 2013-2014 year. I hosted my first happy hour and it was a success with good food and several attendees. I have all worked on the budget a bit and started planning events for the coming year. Too much fun for me!!
- Farestart Alice in Wonderland Dinner. This was such a fun event and so much fun to be apart of. I continue to like Farestart and its mission more and more and this was just plain fun. Eccentric food, awesome costumes, a fun-loving chef, and a full house!
I love summer!!!