This week has been full of firsts and informative activities in a way. Take a look…
- First opera attended with Polly at McCaw Hall. A double feature of a French monologue (ehh) and a Puccini classic (liked). Fun dressing up and phenomenal free seats!
- Wore a skirt two days in a row to work.
- First premiere showing of The Structural Engineers of the Seattle 1962 World’s Fair. It was a great informative and inspiring documentary with the documented in attendance. Bryan was nice enough to come with me and actually really enjoyed it. The event was free, put on by SEAW, and even had amazing bacon jam burger sliders, fried chicken with jalapeno aioli sliders, cheese and dried fruit, and vegetarian spring rolls to snack on complimentary from Skillet Counter before the showing.
- First time riding my new bike. Just in time for Bagel and Bike breakfast with our JA team. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- First time cooking a whole artichoke. I took advantage of my one night at home this week to cook for B and I. I grilled two BBQ chicken legs, boiled a whole artichoke and then doused it in EVOO, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper before throwing it on the grill, pesto couscous, and a grape and strawberry salad for dinner. It was delicious and enjoyed on the deck with alpine-glow of Mt. Rainier in the background.
- Tried the new McDonald’s egg white breakfast sandwich on my bike ride in to work today for only a $1 with a coupon. Either I was really hungry or this was actually really good…I liked it!!
- New series of Superfoods classes at the Fremont Abbey started Monday and I volunteered for the class. I really like Chef Tomer so it was fun being his assistant and still getting to participate in the class. On the menu was: whole roasted chicken with savory and sage, an asparagus, corn and zucchini saute, glazed carrots cooked in carrot juice (freaking amazing), and quinoa with an apple cider dressing. I love cooking and learning at this center and then sitting down and eating the creations family style and getting to know everyone there. Just love them.
- Q Cafe volunteering for an amazing new found band.
- Another complimentary corporate lunch from Veggie Grill to treat my colleagues with. We were supplied again with their crispy Santa Fe Chicken Sandwiches, All Hail Kale Salad, and Carrot Cake bars, all which went REALLY fast.
- Attended an all-day seismic course at the UW Saturday along with my coworker Paul. Learned a great deal!! Celebrated Saturday afternoon freedom (1.5 hrs early) to grab some Yogurtland together in the hot 80 degree sunshine on UW’s campus.
- Mad Men: Mother’s Day Edition. I made chicken broccoli casserole for my friends. I opened it up potluck style for a dish that reminds you of your mom (something she used to make, something she used to like, or something you wish she would have made for you). We had salad, guac and chips for an app, and Luis’ Dominican style rice and beans called Mauro he said his mom always made for him and Polly’s chocolate covered cherry cake that was to die for!!!